Sunday, December 6, 2009

Chrome's on it

Yes, it's pronounced Telepathy and yes, that's the kind of try-hard band name wankery I usually can't stand but I'm making an exception with these ladies cos of this amazing steamy fart photo. Actually I really like these gals. Hailing from Brooklyn (where else), Busy Gangnes and Melissa Livaudais are cool as fuck, and have gone from strength to strength since the release of their smashing debut album Dance Mother.

Their music has been described as 'a kaleidoscopic blend of perfectly-synchronised vocals, haunting synths and unusual melodies set against a suitably dark backdrop of skipping dubstep beats' I don't know about all that, but it is cool, catchy dark, and interesting. I find some of it a tad grating at times but overall I think it's a good candidate for your Christmas list. But the album OR catch the gals is Aus at the Pyramid Rock or Peats Ridge Festivals.

N.B Julian Casablancas invited them to tour. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment