Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wild thing









Another day another fashion week, this time its London's turn. How Pixie Geldof passes for a model is beyond me. Ugly is the new black I guess? any way.. Top Shop's Unique collection has excited the animal lover, headwear enthusiast and lack of hygiene fan in me. Knitwear, layers, sock, gloves, t-shirts. The whole look was a bit bag lady in the woods which I totally dig, it just wasn't anything new or amazing, but it was the horns and animal heads stuffed into huge ratty hair that really tickled my fancy. Fact, fancy is one letter away from being fanny. I HATE washing or brushing my hair and will do anything to avoid it. I once didn't own a brush or comb for a few weeks and used a kitchen fork instead. So next time I leave the house with knotted bed hair I just need some part of a dead animal or even better an alive one peaking out of there and not only am I cutting edge, I'm avante garde. And mysterious. Like the homeless man that sits outside my house with a deep tan listening to a walkman. What's he listening to? Van Halen? The Bangles? Is that tan real and does he actively work on it? Is he a time traveller or some sort of wizard from 1986? We may never know

No comments:

Post a Comment